Questions Families Should Ask Their Trauma Care Medical Team
- How severe is my loved one’s brain injury?
- What are you doing right now? How will it help my loved one?
- Can you tell me anything I might do that would helpful?
- Can you take me step-by-step through the basic care tasks you are performing (e.g., bathing, grooming and feeding) so I can possibly help with them, too?
- When will I know my loved one is ready for the next step?
- What is cognitive therapy, and how can it help my loved one?
- What is the goal of rehabilitation therapy?
Produced by Shepherd Center and KPKinteractive in collaboration with the American Trauma Society, the Brain Injury Association of America and the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.